Are you concerned about your children's future health problems?
The 30 Day Whole Family Course is a virtual course, designed by a professional wellness educator, to help you identify and improve the choices your kids make everyday.
Many times our children adopt the eating habits of their parents. If you carry the genetics for Type 2 diabetics, you have passed those risk to your children. This doesn't mean they have to get this disease, but it does mean they need to learn better life skills to avoid diabetes.
To be healthy, kids need to be active their whole life. They would rather play computer games or watch movies. We need to encourage them to find activities they enjoy and support them in their pursuit of those activities.
My name is Julie Stelting. I am a registered nurse with a second bachelor's degree in dietetics and a nationally certified diabetes educator.
I started Kids at Risk For Diabetes because I worked for many years with adolescents. I witnessed the symptoms of prediabetes in teens along with increasing weight. Forty percent of middle school students had a significant weight problem, a number that increased to 56% by the time they were graduating. These young adults are at risk for health problems due to obesity.
During my 30 Day Virtual Course...
- I will send you an email Monday through Friday.
- I have it broken down into little things to think about and activities to try.
- If you have questions, you can email me! I answer emails questions once a week.
You'll also learn...
- How to identify 10 early signs of sugar troubles.
- Why this is important for your child's future employment as an adult.
It's a fact: serious complications from uncontrolled blood sugar happen so much faster in children!
Children as young as 4 years old have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. If not controlled, serious complications from elevated blood sugars can develop in early adulthood. Parents need to understand Type 2 in children is not the same as in adult. Children can have undiagnosed prediabetes or even Type 2! Parents can protect their children from Type 2 with better life skills.
The primary medication approved for children with Type 2 is insulin.
Prevention is so much better!
- Type 2 diabetes can be avoided by controlling BMI increases in children.
- Unlike adults, there are one a few diabetes medications approved for children.
- A1C tests are NOT applicable for children because this test has NOT been standardized with children's acceptable (higher) blood sugars.
- Children's blood sugars can be difficult to control due to hormones.
What are you waiting for?
- It is so much easier to start at a younger age to develop good habits.
- Take actions before your child is diagnosed with prediabetes.
- Focus on their future, help them live their best life now!
- Do it now! Make your child's future a priority in your life!